These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

No Matching Videos Found

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 robbierazz

robbierazz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 11:38 AM

Hi There,

I have created a Wordpress (version 4.1) site for a friend and would like to use Tubepress to allow them to display their YouTube videos on there. They have created a YouTube channel and have uploaded some videos to it.

However, when I enter their Username, which consists of their First name and Surname with a space in between, it says username is invalid. I am trying to do this through the Plugin settings but have also tried using a shortcode and this didn't work either. As a result of all this I get a No matching videos found message. I am assuming that their username is part of a Google+ account this is used to log in to YouTube, so is this not compatible with Tubepress?

Any help you could give on this would be most appreciated. I have enabled the Debug output and the URL in question is as follows.

http://s427864520.we...mm/?page_id=793

Thanks,

Robert.

#2 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 10:22 PM

Hello Robert,

I show your page as displaying 6 videos.  Are these the videos it should be displaying?

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#3 jam

jam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 11:05 AM

I'm experiencing the same issue. 

"No Matching Video" message on the page.

• Word Press 4.1; Tubepress Version 3.1.6
  • Here is what I have on the Word press Page. [tubepress mode="tag" tagValue="chxbandaug07"] using text mode to edit.
  • I have about 11 videos with this tag in it. They are all set to allow embedding. 
  • the web page that is getting the message: http://jtmarchetti.c...eogalleryaug07/(actually all of them are this is just one page. They used to work. I'm not sure when they stopped.)
  • I have debugging turned on. Not sure what else to give you

Appreciate any assistance.

Tony

#4 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:37 PM

Tony,

Thank you for that information and turning on Debugging.  YouTubes API is not returning any results.  For starters, please upgrade your TubePress install to the latest version, as TubePress 3.x uses the v2 YouTube API which is scheduled to be turned off soon.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#5 jam

jam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 05:21 PM

Hey Brandon, 

Thank you for your response. I just downloaded tubepress from the download link and it is the same 3.1.6 version. I attempted to download the 4.0 from the Blog post but getting a message that no file exist to that link. Can you assist me in tracking down the link to the latest version?

Thank you.

Tony

#6 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 08:29 PM

Hi Tony,

You just need to go up to the marketplace tab at the top of this page and then from there you can find the TubePress 4.0.7 link to download it.

Thanks!

#7 jam

jam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 09:57 AM

Thx... I found the download and upgraded my Tubepress to 4.07. 

Unfortunately, I'm continuing to get the same message. Can you help me problem solve "Youtube's API is not returning any results" you mentioned in a previous note?

At one point this was working. I have double checked the tags I placed on the videos to ensure I was set up correctly. I don't see anywhere that credentials are included, but my Google account credentials have changed since I set these up a couple of years ago. 

Thoughts?

#8 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:39 AM

Jam,

While TubePress 3.x is currently working, due to API changes at YouTube and Vimeo, all TubePress versions prior to 4.0.0 will stop to function.  For this reason, you will need to update to TubePress 4.x anyway.

Also, you can download an older version of the black bars remover here: http://community.tub...k-bars-remover/

that will work with your 3.x installation.

Thanks!

#9 jam

jam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:24 AM

Hey Brandon,

I'm not sure if you were responding to a different thread. I'm not connecting the dots on you last post and mine.

I currently have upgraded to TubePress 4.0.7. 

Unfortunately after the upgrade, I'm still getting the "no matching video" message. What do I need to do to problem solve? 

Thank you.

#10 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:29 PM

Jam,

Apologies, I wrote that on the wrong post.  That was for someone else :)

Are the videos in the gallery yours, or someone elses?

You may want to make sure that their security settings allow embedding.  Like I said previously, YouTube is returning 0 results, so TubePress is displaying what's its given, no results.

Thanks!

#11 jam

jam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 03:24 PM

The videos are mine. I uploaded them to youtube a few years ago.

I have checked the security settings for my youtube videos and they have been and are set to allow embedding. You may read a lot of these so just putting a summary reminder here as to what I've got set so far.

• Word Press 4.1; Tubepress Version 4.0.7
  • Here is what I have on the Word press Page. [tubepress mode="tag" tagValue="chxbandaug07"] using text mode to edit.
  • I have about 11 videos with this tag in it. They are all set to allow embedding. 
  • These were created and uploaded by me to my channel
  • the web page that is getting the message: http://jtmarchetti.c...eogalleryaug07/(actually all of them are this is just one page. They used to work. I'm not sure when they stopped.)

Is there any other reason why youtube would return 0 results? 

Thank you for your time.

#12 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 11:22 AM

remove your content filtering specifications in the TubePress settings.

Your videos will then appear.

Thanks!

#13 jam

jam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 12:39 PM

Before seeing this I switched to try using playlist tag. This worked to some degree as 3 videos appeared on the page. Then I randomly changed another setting ... I think it may have been Under Player, I changed the setting there to use the YouTube player. Now 3 videos show on all the pages that Tubepress is implemented so we are making progress.

I also implemented the Content Filtering specification you indicated under Feed menu item for Filter "racy" content I set to "none". This has not changed the 3 video display.

Thoughts on why only 3 are displaying. I've double and triple checked on the embedded video settings for these videos and triple checked to make sure tags are in place.

Thank you for any next step you can suggest.

#14 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 12:41 PM

Jam,

The free trial of TubePress is limited to only 3 videos per gallery.  If you wish to display more, you will have to purchase TubePress Pro.

Thanks!

#15 TheRealTru7h

TheRealTru7h

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 02:31 AM

My Videos aren't showing up at all 

"No Videos to Display Sorry" shows up

But If I have my page in preview mode it works.....

TheRealTru7h.com is my website

#16 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 05:17 PM

Please turn on tubepress debugging from within the control panel so we can troubleshoot your issue.

Thanks!