These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Changing Words "category" "most View" "entertainment"..

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 okulsayfam

okulsayfam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 10:01 AM

Hello. I am from Turkey and I am using wordpress web side. I added TubePress Plugin but it is English. I want to change some words. What can I do?

#2 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 10:48 PM

Hello,

TubePress does have translations available and is always happy to receive more translations, if you would care to contribute?  If you would like a Turkish translation and you are willing to contribute, please let us know and I will have the developer contact you.

Otherwise, you will need to edit the playertype.tpl.php page, where 'playertype' is the player you choose to use, such as youtube, default, vimeo, etc. and then find the words you wish to change.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#3 okulsayfam

okulsayfam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 05:03 PM

Thanks for your reply. I  am willing to contribute. my e-mail adress <redacted> please contact with me. 

N ow I  want to learn this C an I change the display english words "category entertainment ..." 

#4 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 09:21 PM

Hello,

I apologize, the correct location to make these changes is:

wp\wp-content\plugins\tubepress\src\main\php\classes\tubepress\api\const\options\names\Meta.php

Within this file, you will see code similar to:

class tubepress_api_const_options_names_Meta
{
    /**
     * @api
     * @since 3.1.0
     */
    const AUTHOR      = 'author';

/**
     * @api
     * @since 3.1.0
     */
    const CATEGORY    = 'category';

The words within 'single quotes' are what display on your page with your TubePress gallery.

I have contacted our developer asking them to get in touch with you regarding assistance in translating TubePress into Turkish.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#5 okulsayfam

okulsayfam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 02:47 AM

I applied your instructions but some problems. There are some alpha numeric characters in Turkish as "ş ğ ü ı ö" which are not in English. I think maybe we change another things? I think may be meta UTF-8 to ISO-5589-9?

I think pictures are more explanatory.

This is my problem:

ekr11adaf.png

This is when I changed the some words in "wp\wp-content\plugins\tubepress\src\main\php\classes\tubepress\api\const\options\names\Meta.php" :

"açıklama kategori" 

ekr2fbfbf.png

And then my site is after these changings, some things lost:

ekr3dc53e.png

#6 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 06:50 PM

Hi,

The official means of adding new translations is to use the "Translations" tab here on community.tubepress.com (screenshot). Logged-in users can contribute translations to TubePress directly from their web browser. For instance, you can translate the English word "Category" into Turkish by double-clicking the appropriate row (screenshot) and typing in the translation.

Once you've added your translations, we can supply you with an updated copy of TubePress for immediate use until the next official release of TubePress.

Does that make sense? Please also note as a token of appreciate we give account credit to all translators. With it you may purchase TubePress Pro or any of our add-ons.

Thank you!

#7 okulsayfam

okulsayfam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 09:41 AM

Yes that makes sense me. I will be glad. Now, I will translate words to Turkish. And I hope everyone can benefit.

I am translating now..

#8 okulsayfam

okulsayfam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 10:23 AM

I translated words to Turkish, but I have to try and see words in software. For example, "Video %s not found" and "order videos by". I want to see where they are in software.

#9 okulsayfam

okulsayfam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 05:12 AM

I am waiting for your reply. I added Turkish words, but anyone return to me.

#10 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:43 AM

Hello Okulsayfam,

Thank you for translating into Turkish.  The phrases above are used at various times within TubePress.

An example:

'Video asdf45rdsf48ad not found'

Could be an error message because the Vimeo or YouTube API couldn't find a specific video that was being searched for.

Order Video's By: is an option in the Administrative panel of what order you want the videos to be in: date/popularity/views/etc

Thanks!

#11 okulsayfam

okulsayfam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 03:42 AM

I finished now all customizing in translate. I exported "all current" "portable object message catalog(.po)" and "machine object message catalog(.mo)". I installed them and send to "plugins/tubepress/src/main/resources/i18n"

But there is any change.

What can I do?

#12 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 10:59 PM

Hello okulsayfam,

TubePress should use whatever the default language is set to within your WordPress, as long as it has the .po and .mo files in the proper location, which it seems you have them in. Have you tried disabling and then re-enabling TubePress?

Thanks!

#13 okulsayfam

okulsayfam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 04:54 AM

These screen images are .po , .mo and web side screen. And my wordpress web side is Turkish as default language. And I tried disablig and then re-enabling tubepress but the 3.rd screen image. "View Count" is not Turkish.

tubepress173eee.png

tubepress23861a.png

tablepress3979ca.png

#14 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 12:48 AM

Hello,

I have asked our developer to look into this as I am not quite sure why it is not working properly.

Thanks!