These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Tubepress Express

Best Answer TubePress LLC, 24 August 2014 - 08:05 PM

Hello,

These are excellent questions!

1. Is there a search feature? I can see it exists in the plugin, but not in the hosted version?

The search feature is not yet available in TubePress Express; it's only available in the downloadable versions of TubePress via shortcodes. However I can tell you that one of our highest-priority projects right now is to build out the missing pieces of the options GUI in all versions of TubePress. This will include interactive search, multiple video sources in a unified gallery, and a few other features that are currently only available via shortcode.

I don't have an exact timeframe for when this will be done but I would estimate in the order of a few months away at the most.

2. If I wanted to build a custom front end, say a calendar, so that clicking on a date would perform a search for videos on that day. Is it possible to sent a dynamic parameter to Tubepress Express to return a set of results (effectively another search).

This ties in strongly with your first question, I believe. Once we have added interactive search to TubePress Express, the scenario that you described would be very much how searching would work. 

3. I see that your plugin (and hosted product) only work on playlist or user. Is there a plan to extend this to a YouTube Channel?

For our purposes, we generally use the term "channel" and "user" synonymously. So you can currently use TubePress (of any variety) with YouTube channels by using the channel name instead of a user name. If you are having any trouble in that regard, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Hope this answered your questions?

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 SAT7

SAT7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 01:02 PM

Just looking at the trial of Tubepress Express. A few questions . . . 

1. Is there a search feature? I can see it exists in the plugin, but not in the hosted version?

2. If I wanted to build a custom front end, say a calendar, so that clicking on a date would perform a search for videos on that day. Is it possible to sent a dynamic parameter to Tubepress Express to return a set of results (effectively another search).

3. I see that your plugin (and hosted product) only work on playlist or user. Is there a plan to extend this to a YouTube Channel?

Thanks.

#2 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:25 AM

Hello SAT7,

I have asked one of our developers to please address this question.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#3 TubePress LLC

TubePress LLC

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:05 PM   Best Answer

Hello,

These are excellent questions!

The search feature is not yet available in TubePress Express; it's only available in the downloadable versions of TubePress via shortcodes. However I can tell you that one of our highest-priority projects right now is to build out the missing pieces of the options GUI in all versions of TubePress. This will include interactive search, multiple video sources in a unified gallery, and a few other features that are currently only available via shortcode.

I don't have an exact timeframe for when this will be done but I would estimate in the order of a few months away at the most.

This ties in strongly with your first question, I believe. Once we have added interactive search to TubePress Express, the scenario that you described would be very much how searching would work. 

For our purposes, we generally use the term "channel" and "user" synonymously. So you can currently use TubePress (of any variety) with YouTube channels by using the channel name instead of a user name. If you are having any trouble in that regard, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Hope this answered your questions?

#4 SAT7

SAT7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:03 AM

Many thanks - that sounds excellent. I work for a small non-profit broadcaster and we currently use YouTube as the backend for most of our video content. The functionality in Tubepress Express is exactly what we want - with the addition of the items I mentioned in my post. We have a variety of channel websites built with either Wordpress or Drupal - but in general I prefer to buy the functionality of Tubepress as a service rather than as code/plugin.

Two follow up questions:

1. I do have a small budget to get these things delivered. Would I be able to expedite the delivery of any of these features if I were able to contribute financially in some way?

2. Also - with regards to the front end that I want to deliver (calendar/category pages), can you assist with this or recommend someone good who is familiar with your product and who might be able to help?

Feel free to email me if you prefer not to address these questions on a public forum.

Thanks.

#5 SAT7

SAT7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:32 AM

Hi. Following up on my original questions from 5 months back . . . Do you have any update on when you might be adding these additional features in to TubePress Express? We've just signed up and are in the process of rolling it out to our websites, but i would be great to get some of these other features . . . thanks! 

#6 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 09:32 PM

SAT7, I have asked our developers for an update on the status of these items.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#7 SAT7

SAT7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 03:43 PM

Any update on the availability of these items?

#8 roeleliot

roeleliot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 08:44 PM

Just paid but still showing "Trial Expired"!  Youtube videos still not showing in my website.

Payment Details:

Invoice #15505 - TubePress Express

Item Description   Unit Price Qty Total Price TubePress Express   $6.99 1 $6.99 Total $6.99

#9 Saint Peter's

Saint Peter's

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 09:10 AM

Any update on search bar for TubePress Express?

#10 Christian Arreola

Christian Arreola

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 05:51 PM

Still waiting on the search feature as well.