These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Spacing Between Videos

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 gmroos

gmroos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:55 PM

Hello,

I did get the videos to play in a popup window. Thanks again for your help in pointing me to the problem.

Now I'm trying to get the videos to look good in the gallery. Currently, there is no spacing between the videos. (See attachment). How do I add some white space between the videos?

Thank you,

Gina

Attached Files

#2 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:23 PM

Gina,

Please post a link to your site and we'll take a look at what's going on with the CSS, as it should automatically format to place space between all of the thumbnails.  It is possible that something else in your theme is affecting the CSS of TubePress.

If you want to troubleshoot the problem on your own, there is a great plugin available for FireFox Browsers, called FireBug (available here: https://addons.mozil.../addon/firebug/ )  If you have FireBug enabled when you load your page, you will see any errors and warnings that your page has, as well as be able to edit the HTML and CSS to see the changes in real time.

Let us know.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#3 gmroos

gmroos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:34 AM

Please take a look at http://electronicspu...gstrategies.com.

Thank you,

Gina

#4 gmroos

gmroos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:11 PM

The problem is much bigger than I thought. It appears that the Tubepress plugin is some how interfering with updating my website. My website has been updating intermittently so I started deactiving plugins.

When I deactivated the Tubepress plugin, the site updated. However, it still showed the video gallery (but it didn't look good -- videos are now in a vertical list & words are cut off. Not sure why it did.

So I reactivated the gallery and it still shows the videos in a vertical list with the words cut off. However, when I view the site via wordpress it looks good with the right spacing.

What is going on here? Can you help resolve this issue?

http://electronicspu...gstrategies.com

Thank you,
Gina

#5 gmroos

gmroos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:21 PM

Hello,

The website finally updated after several hours so the videos actually show correctly at the site (http://electronicspu...gstrategies.com).

However, there is still the problem of tubepress interfering with my site updates. Is there some setting that needs to be changed that's impacting the overall updates at my site?

Thanks,
Gina

#6 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:02 AM

Gina,

Please check the settings at WP Dashboard > Settings > Tubepress > Cache

Also, make sure you don't have any other cache plugins installed and that your host isn't caching your website.

To see a non-cached version of your website just reload it with CTRL+F5

Let us know.

Thanks

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#7 Seven Tikal-Ra

Seven Tikal-Ra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:40 PM

Hey there!

Thank You for this plug-in; however, I am experiencing the same issue. There is no spacing between my vidoes. It is most probable that the issue is my theme. Like, my theme is preventing the thumbnails from spacing (and I can't resise either). I just don't know what to do or edit in order to make it space. I will also want to resize after upgrading; but right now my main focus is the spacing. I preveiwed TubePress in one of wordpress's default themes and it's perfect. However, that theme is lame. :???:

Here is the link to my site where I experience the issue: http://www.sevenshea...om/?page_id=962

#8 Seven Tikal-Ra

Seven Tikal-Ra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:52 AM

Hmm, I think I fixed it. I simply converted the videos (tubepress) page into a full-width page (removing the sidebars). So now the videos have room to space. 

#9 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:15 AM

Hi Seven,

Glad to hear that you were able to resolve your issue.

If you have any other questions or issues, please feel free to start a new thread.

Thanks!