These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Fancybox, Tinybox, And Shadowbox Issues In 3.1.1

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Louis Amico

Louis Amico

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:07 PM

Fancybox

After upgrading from 3.0.x to 3.1.1 I'm getting Fancybox conflicts that prevent it from working with Tubepress, it was working in 3.0.x.  My theme is loading fancybox.js via the wp_enqueue_script function so that it isn't duplicated when your plugin or other plugins attempt to reload it.  You appear to be loading it again within your inline JS rather than the WP enqueue function?  It is conflicting with the previously loaded one.  How do I change the settings to prevent this conflict so that Tubepress doesn't call this script a 2nd time?

Tinybox

I attempted instead to use the Tinybox playback method and the popup video box worked but the Tinybox stylesheet (vendor/tinybox/style.css also loaded with js rather than wp_enqueue_style) has styles applied to the body and h1 tags among other generic html tags that are causing display issues on my site.

Shadowbox

My 3rd attempt, this time with Shadowbox, proved unsuccessful as well.  The browser console is showing that the Shadowbox script path is incorrectly called at http://mydomain.com/...ib/shadowbox.js when the correct path is http://mydomain.com/wp-content/plugins/tubepress_pro_3_1_1/src/main/web/players/shadowbox/shadowbox.js  (no 'lib' directory)

Also, it appears that you don't use the wp_enqueue_script for anything other than jquery and tubepress.  Just curious why you don't use the wp_enqueue_script and wp_enqueue_style methods to load all the other styles and scripts to prevent conflicts with other plugins/themes and allow for easy dequeueing if necessary?

#2 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:33 PM

Louis,

I am looking into exactly what changes are necessary to be made in order for you to use wp_enqueue_script and _style for use with TubePress Pro and the inline JS.

Thanks for your patience.

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#3 ptpasharon

ptpasharon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:46 PM

Same problem here. It is looking for the file in wp-content/plugins/tubepress_pro_3_1_1/src/main/web/players/shadowbox/lib/shadowbox.js but in fact the file is in 

wp-content/plugins/tubepress_pro_3_1_1/src/main/web/players/shadowbox/shadowbox.js

#4 rickincanada

rickincanada

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:53 AM

I am also having troubles with this.  I just bought the Pro version of the plugin and now can't use it.  Please help!

#5 ptpasharon

ptpasharon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:14 AM

Tubepress, brandon, do you have any updates on this? Seems strange that the free version works fine but the paid version is broken.

#6 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:40 AM

ptpasharon and rickincanada,

There is a simple solution to this issue, and that is to simply create the missing folder within the folder structure to place the shadowbox.js file in.

This is a bug that will be fixed in the next release of TubePress, which is now available as a Release Candidate.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#7 wp-dev1

wp-dev1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:58 PM

same issue here, RC version didn't work for me either.  So I'll try the manual fix.

#8 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:50 PM

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the confusion about this, as there do in fact need to be two separate files named shadowbox.js

The first file, located here: wp-content/plugins/tubepress_pro_3_1_1/src/main/web/players/shadowbox/lib/shadowbox.js

This file, in TubePress Pro, must be added by the end-user due to licensing restrictions.  The directions to install this file are here: http://tubepress.com...ll#Shadowbox.js

The second file, located at: wp-content/plugins/tubepress_pro_3_1_1/src/main/web/players/shadowbox/shadowbox.js

is a TubePress specific file that allows TubePress to interact with Shadowbox.

Sorry for the confusion and hope this helps everyone figure out the problems they're having.

thanks!