These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

TubePress conflicting with theme

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 John Delmore

John Delmore

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:34 PM

Hello,

I posted about another issue I'm having with thumbnail sizing and spacing in the previous thread, but wanted to start a new thread as this is a new issue.

I just figured out that TubePress is conflicting with an image slider element called "FreshSlider" that comes with my theme. When TubePress is activated, the transitions will not function and the image simply goes white. When I disable TubePress the slider begins working as normal.

You can view the theme with the working slider here:

http://demo.freshface.net/file/lcp/wp/

And my version here:

http://spincreativegroup.com/home/

As you can see on my version, all of the images load, and the first image loads, but once the transition is supposed to happen the image goes white.

Unfortunately the theme author won't assist with this issue as he is saying it is being caused by TubePress :( I really love TubePress, is there anything that I can do to make these two plugins play nice together? I don't know if this issue is related to the other issue I"m having with the thumbnail spacing and sizing. I'm hosting with HostGator, if that matters.

Thanks for your help!!

#2 John Delmore

John Delmore

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:27 PM

Looks like the person in the thread "Tubepress affects wordpress theme design" is pretty much having the same problem I'm having. Is there any way that I can modify the code so that TubePress does not include its CSS and JS files on the home page? That would probably fix the problem. If you could please offer support ASAP, this project was supposed to be delivered for review yesterday.

Thanks!

#3 John Delmore

John Delmore

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:39 PM

Eric,

A major reason I purchased the "Pro" bundle was for your support, but so far have no received a response to either of my issues. I don't mean to be impatient, but would you please take a look at this and my other issue when you have a moment? This project is at a standstill because of these issues, and we're to the point of having to abandon TubePress completely if we cannot resolve it in the next few days.

Would it be possible to place the JS and CSS include code within a conditional !is_home() or something? Basically I want to tell it to not include the code on the home page only, as that is the only page it is conflicting with.

Other than that, I'm still having the thumbnails alignment issue after changing the thumbnails size.

#4 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:01 PM

Would it be possible to place the JS and CSS include code within a conditional !is_home() or something? Basically I want to tell it to not include the code on the home page only, as that is the only page it is conflicting with.

You'll want to edit your TubePress installation right around here: https://github.com/e...lo...s.php#L109. Make it look something like this:

public static function headAction(){    if (!is_home()) {        print org_tubepress_html_HtmlUtils::getHeadElementsAsString($_GET, false);    }}
That should accomplish what you're after. Note that this will not require mods to TubePress in the future as it's fixed with issue 191.

A major reason I purchased the "Pro" bundle was for your support, but so far have no received a response to either of my issues

In case anyone is wondering, the reason outshine didn't get a faster response was because I didn't realize they are a TubePress Pro user. I rely on the color of your user names to identify Pro users quickly. There's a bug that affects a small percentage of Pro users where their names don't show up in green. If this is the case with you, please PM me and I'll be happy to sort it out. This is also noted in a line of text above any "Submit" button on this site. outshine, please accept my apologies!

#5 John Delmore

John Delmore

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 12:58 PM

That fixed it! Thanks for taking the time to reply!

And no worries about the delay. I realized my name wasn't in green which was likely the cause. Really appreciate your help.

#6 bad mojo

bad mojo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:27 PM

Hi,

I'm having problems with my theme when i activate tubepress.

http://www.kiralik5dmark2.com/5dmark2/

The small thumb images dissapears under the pictures as you can (or can't) see.

So i try to modify the Main.class.php file but idk which codes to replace exactly. I'm glad if you can assist me about this.

#7 James Kibbey

James Kibbey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:17 PM

Hi,

This should be really quick to solve! I'm having exactly the same problem as outshine was (tubepress stops Freshslider working) - but the link you had to show him where to put those lines of code no longer works! Could you please re-upload the link or show me how?

I recently bought the pro version so would really like to be able to solve this issue asap.

Thanks,

James

#8 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 11:44 AM

Hi James,

In TubePress 2.2.0, this functionality no longer requires any editing to TubePress's core. A much cleaner method, in terms of upgrade-proofing yourself, would be to "deregister" TubePress on specific pages. A few links describing how to do this

So in your case, assuming you wanted to disable TubePress on your homepage, you would add some lines to your functions.php like

add_action( 'wp_print_scripts', 'deregister_tubepress_js', 100 );add_action( 'wp_print_styles', 'deregister_tubepress_css', 100 );function deregister_tubepress_js() {    if (is_home()) {            wp_deregister_script( 'tubepress' );    }}function deregister_tubepress_css() {    if(is_home()) {        wp_deregister_style( 'tubepress' );    }}

For your reference, here's what TubePress registers its scripts and styles: https://github.com/e...lo...s.php#L132. Let us know if you need any assistance in implementing these changes. Thanks!

#9 James Kibbey

James Kibbey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:58 PM

Thanks!

Sorted.

Much appreciated,

James