These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Reading Tags From Youtuve

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 wannabag

wannabag

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:16 AM

Hi,

When reading through the documentation I found the "tags" option that, if I understand it right, should retrieve the list of tags from youtube for instance and list them under "keywords".

I can't seem to get that option to work. Even in the showcase example it seems as if the keyword field is empty for youtube (works for vimeo).

Any idea ? Or am I just getting this wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Patrick

#2 wannabag

wannabag

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:36 AM

Hello Tubepress,

Any idea, concerning this ? 

It would be great not to be only limited to vimeo.

Thanks,

Patrick

#3 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:46 PM

Hi,

We are aware of the problem and are working on a solution. Sorry for the inconvenience!

#4 mass hoff

mass hoff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:35 AM

Hello. I am not sure if my problem is the same or not, but I think it may be. I've been using TubePress for several years with great success.

I use some custom programming to pull specific videos into pages based on a variable that matched a special tag we placed on youtube videos. 

In short, I use the standalone php code option in my template, and set a variable - '$vidsku' - and then tagValue='$vidsku' to populate the gallery). But I now see that this tag/variable is no longer pulling videos in from YouTube, and this is happening on at least I couple sites I implemented this on.

Is this the same issue that is being reported, above?

#5 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:53 PM

This is a relatively new problem (the past week or so) that has popped up with the YouTube API. Here are the relevant bug reports:

Please take a moment to visit each of those bug reports and "star" it to help get a response from YouTube. By doing so you will also be notified of updates. Sorry for the inconvenience, but with luck this will get sorted out soon. Thanks.