These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Can't login...Standalone Problems...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Anonymous

Anonymous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

I am not able to log in to the forums. I'm just redirected to the "member" page.

I have a username, it's masshoff.

I am having a problem with a standalone gallery.

First
I am passing a variable from a custom search filter. I plug the variable in to the tubepress call (php print TubePressPro::getHtmlForShortcode("mode='tag' tagValue='$search_string'") and a gallery is produced based on that string.

BUT - advancing to additional pages through the pagination yields results not related to my string. The pagination works correctly when using a static value in the tagValue, just not when using a variable. I can't tell what terms the search is returning results for, and debugging returns no results.

Second (but less of a problem...)
I am able to get a gallery running using 2.4.5, but not 3.0.0.

#2 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

Hi,

I am not able to log in to the forums. I'm just redirected to the "member" page.

This is a problem that seems to be affecting more and more customers. We are on the verge of moving to new forum software that will not have this bug. I apologize for the inconvenience! Expect the new forum software shortly after the near year.

First
I am passing a variable from a custom search filter. I plug the variable in to the tubepress call (php print TubePressPro::getHtmlForShortcode("mode='tag' tagValue='$search_string'") and a gallery is produced based on that string.

BUT - advancing to additional pages through the pagination yields results not related to my string. The pagination works correctly when using a static value in the tagValue, just not when using a variable. I can't tell what terms the search is returning results for, and debugging returns no results.

Are you using Ajax pagination? If so, I believe what you're experiencing is identical to what this customer. This is a bug that has been addressed in version 3.0.0.

If you're not using Ajax pagination, then I can't think of a reason that this wouldn't work as expected. If this is the case, could you send me a link to your gallery so I could take a look? Feel free to PM the address to me if you can't share it publicly.

I am able to get a gallery running using 2.4.5, but not 3.0.0.

What exactly happens when you try 3.0.0? It should be mostly stable at this point, so if something is not working in 3.0.0.RC2 then I am very interested in fixing it. Are you getting an error message of any kind?

Thanks!

#3 Anonymous

Anonymous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:38 PM

The 3.0 installation seems to hang on this in the head: php print TubePressPro::getHtmlForHead(true);

2.4.5 does not hang.

I noticed that in the example files you provide, the include looks different for 3.0.0 than 2.4.5 - /src/main/php/classes/TubePressPro.php vs /sys/classes/TubePressPro.class.php. But neither include solves the problem.

#4 Anonymous

Anonymous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:16 PM

Also worth mentioning - ajax pagination does not work at all, and I can not click a thumbnail and get it to play on the first page of results, regardless of ajax being enabled or not.

#5 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:12 PM

Hmm. Does your PHP or webserver error log have anything interesting? That would be the first place I would look.

I noticed that in the example files you provide, the include looks different for 3.0.0 than 2.4.5 - /src/main/php/classes/TubePressPro.php vs /sys/classes/TubePressPro.class.php. But neither include solves the problem.

This path has changed between 3.0.0 and earlier versions, but both should work equally well.

Feel free to send a link if you'd like me to take a look. Thanks.