These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Thumbnails don't work when clicked, many errors in console.

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Kesava Belletty

Kesava Belletty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:22 AM

Ever since installing Tubepress, I have been trying to get the thumbnails to work. The main video functions perfectly, but the thumbnails below it do nothing when clicked on.

I noticed two errors when I checked the console in Chrome Inspect. After trying to work out how to fix them, I decided I needed to make a thread here. I just checked and there are even more errors showing:

Port error: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist. miscellaneous_bindings:232
Error in event handler for 'undefined': Cannot read property 'instanceId' of undefined TypeError: Cannot read property 'instanceId' of undefined
    at A (chrome-extension://mgijmajocgfcbeboacabfgobmjgjcoja/content_js_min.js:1:544)
    at o (chrome-extension://mgijmajocgfcbeboacabfgobmjgjcoja/content_js_min.js:1:182)
    at chromeHidden.Port.sendMessageImpl.port.onMessage.addListener.port (miscellaneous_bindings:276:11)
    at chrome.Event.dispatch (event_bindings:237:41)
    at Object.chromeHidden.Port.dispatchOnDisconnect (miscellaneous_bindings:235:27) event_bindings:241
Port error: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist. miscellaneous_bindings:232
Error in event handler for 'undefined': Cannot read property 'instanceId' of undefined TypeError: Cannot read property 'instanceId' of undefined
    at A (chrome-extension://mgijmajocgfcbeboacabfgobmjgjcoja/content_js_min.js:1:544)
    at o (chrome-extension://mgijmajocgfcbeboacabfgobmjgjcoja/content_js_min.js:1:182)
    at chromeHidden.Port.sendMessageImpl.port.onMessage.addListener.port (miscellaneous_bindings:276:11)
    at Object.chromeHidden.Port.dispatchOnDisconnect (miscellaneous_bindings:235:27) event_bindings:241
Unsafe JavaScript attempt to access frame with URL http://thepetloversmagazine.com/video/ from frame with URL http://www.youtube.com/embed/0Bmhjf0rKe8?rel=1&autoplay=0&loop=1&fs=1&showinfo=0&wmode=transparent&enablejsapi=0&autohide=0&modestbranding=1. Domains, protocols and ports must match.
Caught exception when booting TubePress: TypeError: Object [object Object] has no method 'livequery' /http://thepetloversmagazine.com/wp-content/plugins/tubepress/sys/ui/static/js/tubepress.js?ver=3.4.2:2
    at Object.chromeHidden.Port.dispatchOnDisconnect (miscellaneous_bindings:235:27)

I don't know why this is happening. The "Unsafe JavaScript attempt" was one of the original issues.

Can anyone tell me why these errors are showing? Is there any way I can get the thumbnails working?

Thanks,

Kesava

#2 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:43 PM

Hi,

Those errors look unfamiliar to me. Are you able to share a link to your site so I could take a first-hand look? My hunch is that TubePress is catching then re-throwing a fatal JavaScript error that's coming from somewhere else.

To pinpoint the problem, I would first switch to WordPress's twentytwelve theme. If the errors are gone, we know it's your theme. If the errors are still there, you'll have to turn off your plugins one-by-one until the errors goes away. Tedious, I know, but it's a pretty simple way to identify the culprit.

#3 Kesava Belletty

Kesava Belletty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:55 PM

Thanks for your response :)

The page is http://thepetloversmagazine.com/video

I'll do as you suggested and let you know how it went.

#4 Kesava Belletty

Kesava Belletty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:32 AM

Okay so after switching to the default theme, the thumbnails worked.

So I guess there is a conflict with my theme somewhere.

How could I go about troubleshooting it?

Thanks for your help.

#5 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:33 PM

Without being intimately familiar with your theme, I'm afraid I won't be able to help very much. Does your theme author offer any support?

I do notice that you're running Rocket Loader, which I would *guess* is part of the problem. Are you able to disable that? I'm not very familiar with the technology, but a quick Google search brought up some relevant results (like this one.

Sorry that we can't be of more help - good luck and let us know if there's anything else we can do.

#6 Kesava Belletty

Kesava Belletty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:24 PM

It seems that a large number of those console errors were from a Google Dictionary chrome extension and has nothing to do with the website as such.
There are also some errors from another plugin which also doesn't matter.

The one error that remains is
Caught exception when booting TubePress: TypeError: Object [object Object] has no method 'livequery'
from tubepress.js

That errors shows not only on the video page but on every page of the website. So I'm wondering firstly, is it supposed to be trying to load on every page and secondly, what can I do to fix it.

By the way, I disabled Rocket Loader, which is part of CloudFlare. I also paused CloudFlare while I'm working on this problem.

#7 Dennis Hartwig1359656618

Dennis Hartwig1359656618

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:06 PM

try reducing the thumbs down to 12 or less and see if it works.

#8 Kesava Belletty

Kesava Belletty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:23 AM

try reducing the thumbs down to 12 or less and see if it works.

I reduced it to 10 and that didn't help.

I am seeing the following two errors on the Chrome Javascript Console:

Caught exception when booting TubePress: TypeError: Object [object Object] has no method 'livequery' tubepress.js:1
Unsafe JavaScript attempt to access frame with URL http://thepetloversmagazine.com/video/ from frame with URL http://www.youtube.com/embed/0Bmhjf0rKe8?rel=1&autoplay=0&loop=1&fs=1&showinfo=0&wmode=transparent&enablejsapi=0&autohide=0&modestbranding=1. Domains, protocols and ports must match.

#9 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:25 AM

You'll want to focus on finding the cause of this first error:

Caught exception when booting TubePress: TypeError: Object [object Object] has no method 'livequery' tubepress.js:1
The second error (the "Domains, protocols, and ports must match" message) can safely be ignored as it comes from YouTube's iframe player.

Any luck with disabling Rocket Loader?

#10 Kesava Belletty

Kesava Belletty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:33 AM

Yeah I mentioned that in my reply earlier.

By the way, I disabled Rocket Loader, which is part of CloudFlare. I also paused CloudFlare while I'm working on this problem.

So the only issue I'm left with is
Caught exception when booting TubePress: TypeError: Object [object Object] has no method 'livequery'

#11 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:42 AM

Whoops sorry I missed that you had you disabled Rocket Loader. So looking at your site just now, the actual error message is

Caught exception when booting TubePress: TypeError: jQuery("form.product_form").livequery is not a function
Looking at your site the only place I can see that is using "livequery" is at

http://thepetloversm...nt...vequery.js

and the only place I see "form.product_form" is in

http://thepetloversm...nt...ommerce.js

As you can see both are located in the "wp-e-commerce" plugin. Just to test, could you disable that plugin and see if TubePress works? I know you said that switching your themes fixed the issue as well, but I'm guessing that disabling this plugin would also work. Worth a try, right?

Thanks.

#12 Kesava Belletty

Kesava Belletty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:51 PM

Yes, I'll try anything to get this sorted.

I disabled the ecommerce plugin and the error changed to:

Caught exception when booting TubePress: TypeError: Object [object Object] has no method 'fitVids'

So any idea what that is caused by?

#13 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:30 AM

Hi,

Feels like we're playing whack-a-mole :)

OK, the issue now is that your theme appears to be calling a function called fitVids() that isn't defined. The function call itself comes from

http://thepetloversmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/headway/cache/responsive-grid-js-e6e6939.js
As you can see, this file contains just a single line and it happens to be a bad function call. Is "headway" the name of your theme? If you can figure out how to stop that file from being loaded, you should get past this error. Again without being familiar with your theme it's difficult for me to guess what's going on here :/

#14 d c

d c

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:30 PM

having trouble getting thumbnail links to work, albeit via a slightly different method.

links work as expected when a page is loaded on its own.. see:

http://dev2.pulsetrain.net/work/

however, i am dynamically loading that page into a div on another page via some javascript.. and there, unfortunately, the thumbnail links don't seem to work.

http://dev2.pulsetrain.net/

click on the 'work' button. the page is pulled in, but the links do not function.

hints? :)

- dc