These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

WordPress 3.0.2 + TubePress 2.1.2 shows no Tubepress Option

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Paul Ha

Paul Ha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 12:13 AM

So I followed the below instructions. It says it is activated, but I do not see a Tubepress under Settings. I have the default: General, Writing, REading, Discussion, Media, Privacy, Pemalinks links.

I tried to de-activate and re-install. Also refreshing the page and re-logging in.

1) Download the plugin from http://tubepress.com/download
2) Unzip into your plugins directory at (wp-content/plugins)
3) Activate TubePress from Site Admin > Plugins
4) Configure from Site Admin > Settings > TubePress

It says: "You are using WordPress 3.0.2."

And I got the file from both Wordpress site, deleted it since it didn't work.

Then also http://tubepress.goo.../t..._2_1_2.zip

Is there anything else I could be doing?

Thanks

Edit: Just enable PHP5

#2 Chris Blagden

Chris Blagden

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 07:38 AM

I have this problem now also with the pro version, resinstalled several times without success :(

#3 Michael Verzani

Michael Verzani

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 12:00 PM

There's a definite incompatibility between WP 3.0.2 and TubePress 2.1.2. Not only could I not see the settings menu like the above posters, all of my site's content would not appear until I deactivated the plugin. (Caused about 30 minutes of panic!) Restoring TP 2.0 seems to have temporarily fixed the problem.

#4 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 08:33 PM

How have you all verified which version of PHP your WordPress installation is running? 99% of the time when TubePress doesn't show up in the settings menu it's because it detects a version of PHP < 5.0.2. TubePress has been tested to work normally under WP 3.0.2 and all the way up through 3.1-alpha.

#5 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 08:35 PM

Other things to try:

#6 Paul Ha

Paul Ha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 02:39 AM

My Server says I have:

PHP version 5.2.9

But, I remember I have to add a code to my .htaccess to "enable" it.

AddHandler application/x-httpd-php5 .php .php5 .php4 .php3

Now I DO see TubePress, but other links, such as DashBoard on WP, keeps getting me to download PHP file...

This is like whack a mole. Fix one thing, then there is another lol.

Thanks

#7 Reed Holmes

Reed Holmes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 09:32 AM

Tried to install 2.1.2 and received this error:

Fatal error: Class org_tubepress_browser_BrowserDetectorImpl contains 38 abstract methods and must therefore be declared abstract or implement the remaining methods (org_tubepress_browser_BrowserDetector::isIphone, org_tubepress_browser_BrowserDetector::isIpod,

#8 Reed Holmes

Reed Holmes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 09:42 AM

Working now.

When upgrading to 2.1.2, I tried to overwrite my existing tubepress folder and got the error.

When I completely removed the old tubepress folder, then uploaded the new one and activated it, everything seemed fine.

Perhaps this is causing issues for others.

Reed

#9 Michael Verzani

Michael Verzani

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 01:53 PM

How have you all verified which version of PHP your WordPress installation is running? 99% of the time when TubePress doesn't show up in the settings menu it's because it detects a version of PHP < 5.0.2. TubePress has been tested to work normally under WP 3.0.2 and all the way up through 3.1-alpha.

I'm running PHP 5.3.3. No PHP errors coming up, just no content anywhere with TP2.1.2 (not just TP content - no WP content anywhere).

TP 2.0.0 works fine, although the plug-in page gives me the warning, "The plugin generated 1 characters of unexpected output during activation. If you notice “headers already sent” messages, problems with syndication feeds or other issues, try deactivating or removing this plugin."

Thanks.

#10 Chris Blagden

Chris Blagden

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 03:31 PM

Yes I can't get this version to show up in Wp at all, reverting to the previous works but that had a pagination problem.

#11 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 11:25 PM

@chrisuk and @literati,

Have either of you put your blog into WordPress's debug mode? It should tell you what the error message is. Also, make sure that you completely remove any older versions of TubePress.

#12 Michael Verzani

Michael Verzani

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:02 PM

@chrisuk and @literati,

Have either of you put your blog into WordPress's debug mode? It should tell you what the error message is. Also, make sure that you completely remove any older versions of TubePress.

Hey Eric, hadn't gotten to debug mode yet, but today's release of WP 3.0.3 seems to have fixed all my problems with TP 2.1.2.

#13 Jeremy Solterbeck

Jeremy Solterbeck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 04:24 AM

I'm on Wordpress 3.0.5 and not getting Tubepress 2.1.2 under settings. Looks like people mainly re-install. Is this the current advice?

#14 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:41 PM

Looks like people mainly re-install. Is this the current advice?

No, re-installing won't likely help anything. Are you running TubePress Pro on a Windows server? If so, there's a known bug and workaround that we'll need to apply to get things going for you. Let me know and I'll be happy to help.