These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Vimeo video won't play on Wordpress site [SOLVED]

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ross D

Ross D

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:57 AM

Hi,

I installed the Tubepress 2.4.3 plugin into a Wordpress theme recently, in connection with a website I use. Shortly after I had installed the plugin, I went to the Video page of the website and would click on the thumbnail, and then the video would play in the player above the thumbnail. However, several minutes later when I tried it again the video wouldn't play, and instead I received a message in the player that said "Sorry There was an error encountered while loading this video." Also, shortly after this occurred, I wasn't able to click on the same video featured on the home page (the video on the home page is using Vimeo-provided embed code).

I consulted the Tubepress documentation, and that of Wordpress. I made sure the consumer key and consumer secret were correct with no spaces or characters left out, and I reinstalled the plugin. And I checked the Vimeo API and Tubepress is on there. When I unchecked the "Enable JavaScript API" in the Tubepress settings, under the Player tab, it seemed to fix it, but the problem returned.

The website in question:
rossdavismusic.com

Please advise on how to reconcile this problem.

Thanks,
RD

#2 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:14 PM

Hi RD,

My guess is that this is a hiccup on Vimeo's end. I checked out your site and both your featured video and the videos page appear to be working normally. If the problem comes back, please post here and we'll take another look. Sound good?