These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Youtube Black Bars Remove Wont Install - Manifest.json Warning

add-ons wordpress

Best Answer brandon , 16 March 2015 - 09:25 PM

The version of blackbars remover you are attempting to use is only valid for TubePress 4.x.x

Please download the latest version of TubePress (4.0.8 as of this writting) and then upload the blackbar remover.  It will then work.

Thanks!

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 melliatto

melliatto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 12:37 AM

I cannot seem to get TubePress to recognize the YouTube Black Bars Remover addon!

I have uploaded the unzipped contents of youtube-black-bars-remover_4.0.0.zip into the 'wp-content/tubepress-content/add-ons' folder..

I have rebuilt the system cache using '?tubepress_clear_system_cache=true'

I have disabled and then reactivated the TubePress addon.. just to make sure cache was cleared..

I then enabled debugging using '?tubepress_debug=true' and noticed the following Warning: 

[2015-03-12 04:35:14] [WARNING] Default Add-on Discoverer: Caught exception when parsing info file at /home/solidk9training/public_html/dev/wp-content/tubepress-content/add-ons/youtube-black-bars-remover_4.0.0/manifest.json: Must include author name 

[2015-03-12 04:35:14] [DEBUG] Default Add-on Discoverer: Found 0 add-on(s) from /home/solidk9training/public_html/dev/wp-content/tubepress-content/add-ons 

Why 'Found 0 add-on(s)?

Why is it that the YouTube Black Bars Remover will not work???!!!!

I cannot get it to show the option in the TubePress-->Settings->Thumbnails page!!

Please help!!

WordPress 4.1.1

PHP 5.4.37

#2 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 07:42 PM

melliatto,

what version of tubepress?

thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#3 melliatto

melliatto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 08:48 PM

Tubepress free Version 3.1.6

#4 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 09:25 PM   Best Answer

The version of blackbars remover you are attempting to use is only valid for TubePress 4.x.x

Please download the latest version of TubePress (4.0.8 as of this writting) and then upload the blackbar remover.  It will then work.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#5 melliatto

melliatto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 10:02 PM

Thanks!  I updated(uploaded) latest version of TubePress (4.0.8) and blackbar remover 4.0.0 is now working!

Thanks again!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: add-ons, wordpress