These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Backlash?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 benz1

benz1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 10:45 PM

My galleries won't show more than 3 videos each, no matter what settings I use.
Since TubePress 4.0.0, the free version of TubePress is now limited to 3 videos per gallery. TubePress Pro does not have this restriction, so we encourage you to upgrade or renew your subscription. This is a decision that we didn't take lightly, and we realize that it might cause backlash among some of our users. But like many startups we are running on razor-thin margins and we hope you understand our rationale for this change.

So was there a backlash? I have TubePres installed on 3 hobby sites. I just noticed on all 3 that no videos were displaying with an API error so regenerated the API and changed on the sites. They are now working but are only showing 3 videos. After spending the best part of an hour going through all the settings, deactivated plugins, changing themes, etc, I came across the above sniipet hidden away on your forum.

Very disappointing! :sad:

As my sites are only hobby sites and not revenue generating I am not going to pay $10/month or $100/yr for the developers license. Displaying 3 videos is rediculous so it looks like I'll have to find an alternative or take the sites down or is it an option to roll back to v3?

Of course you have every right to charge for your plugin but to provide something for free and then take it away without notice is mean-spirited.

Consider this a backlash... :sad:

Benz1

#2 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 10:25 PM

Benz,

I'm sorry you spent so much time troubleshooting the 3 video limit, however we do state it on the pricing page of our website, that TubePress Free is a Free Trial and limited to 3 thumbnails.

Again, sorry for your disappointment. Unfortunately (and not because of us) there is no way to downgrade to 3.x as YouTube changed their API to v3 and shutdown the v2 API, so your videos won't show up.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!