These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Problems After Upgrading

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 arowls

arowls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 11:42 AM

I just tried upgrading my plugin from version 3.1.5 to 4.1.5 and I am having some issues with 404s when trying to load videos.

I have left it installed on my testing site for you to review.

http://riverine.wpen...roducts/videos/

I have tried using POST and GET and it errors either way.  

I have disabled all other plugins and left it with debug on for you to look at. 

When you click on a thumbnail, I get the following error in my console:

http://riverine.wpengine.com/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?tubepress_action=playe…Only%5D=false&tubepress_options%5BgalleryId%5D=1754226799&action=tubepress 404 (Not Found)
m.ajaxTransport.send @ jquery.js:4 m.extend.ajax @ jquery.js:4 Y @ gallery.js:8 m.event.dispatch @ jquery.js:3 m.event.add.r.handle @ jquery.js:3 m.event.trigger @ jquery.js:3 e.event.trigger @ jquery-migrate.min.js:2 (anonymous function) @ jquery.js:3 m.extend.each @ jquery.js:2 m.fn.m.each @ jquery.js:2 m.fn.extend.trigger @ jquery.js:3 H @ tubepress.js:8 Z @ gallery.js:8 m.event.dispatch @ jquery.js:3 m.event.add.r.handle @ jquery.js:3

#2 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 07:54 PM

Could you first enter a new Google API key into TubePress? I'm getting a "daily quota exceeded" error on your page. Once that's addressed, we can diagnose why you're getting the 404 error.

Thanks!

#3 arowls

arowls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 07:28 PM

OK, this has been completed and the IP address for my server added, but still getting a IP restriction message from Youtube. Maybe it takes a little while to get through but as of 10 minutes from creation still not working for me.  (Hopefully working by the time you see this). 

#4 arowls

arowls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:21 PM

OK, IP issue figured out, new problem now.

This code from my template no longer works, what do I need to change this to?

<?php echo TubePressPro::getHtmlForShortcode('output="searchInput"'); ?>

<?php echo TubePressPro::getHtmlForShortcode('output="searchResults" searchProvider="youtube" searchResultsOnly="true"'); ?>

#5 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:24 PM

Hello,

Please update your TubePress to the latest version (TubePress 4.1.6 as of this writing). It should address the 404 error.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#6 arowls

arowls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:38 PM

Upgraded, 

This code from my template no longer works, what do I need to change this to?

http://riverine.wpen...linds/aluminum/

<?php echo TubePressPro::getHtmlForShortcode('output="searchInput"'); ?>

<?php echo TubePressPro::getHtmlForShortcode('output="searchResults" searchProvider="youtube" searchResultsOnly="true"'); ?>

#7 arowls

arowls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 02:10 PM

I need help fixing this!  My site is broken because of this and your documentation is wrong https://docs.tubepre...press-templates

#8 arowls

arowls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 02:18 PM

More documentation that is broken http://docs.tubepres.../extend/themes/

Come on guys!

#9 arowls

arowls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 02:33 PM

OK, I have resolved the issues I was having no thanks to your documentation but in comparing my legacy templates templates included in the new plugin - there is no clear path to upgrade, and your documentation is crap on this subject. 

Please give me instructions on how to upgrade a legacy template to a new template as well as why I would want to (benefits of new template?)

#10 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 08:38 PM

I've asked our developer to get you an answer.

Thanks!

As for the documentation, we are working on getting them fully updated to match with TubePress 4.x but we're a little busy with bug fixes and such at the moment.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#11 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 01:10 AM

I've confirmed that this is a bug and I'll be pushing out a bug tomorrow (April 29). Please stand by for an update..

#12 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 01:06 AM

TubePress 4.1.8 is now released and includes a fix for the broken Ajax search input. Please give it a try and let us know if you continue to experience any trouble.

Please give me instructions on how to upgrade a legacy template to a new template as well as why I would want to (benefits of new template?)

The new templates use Twig, and the benefits over plain PHP (the legacy TubePress template system) are described nicely on the Twig homepage. Your existing legacy TubePRess templates should continue to work without any action required, and if your are happy with them then there's no reason to convert them.

Does that answer your question?