These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

4.1.3 Major Problem

wordpress

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 marknie

marknie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 01:55 PM

After upgrading to 4.1.3 Tubepress I only see 3 videos now!  The option for specifying the youtube Playlist will not take youtubes new designation with a "pl" in front of the number. Because of this, my youtube page wil now only show 3 youtubes instead of 50 even though it is set to show 50.  Are there any fixes for this at all?  Thanks

#2 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 01:25 AM

Hello,

The 3 videos is a limitation of TubePress Free Trial version. If you upgrade to TubePress Pro, all your videos will show.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#3 virtualend

virtualend

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationPanabo City, Davao del Norte, Philippines

Posted 17 April 2015 - 01:57 AM

I had the same problem and came here to see if others experienced this as well.

I have TubePress v3.1.6 installed on multiple web sites, and when I updated to 3.1.7 all the sudden can only see 3 videos.

(I do not know why I have 3.1.6, and the OP has 4.1.3???)

I deactivated it and deleted it, then reinstalled v3.1.6, and it works again, no problem.

(except now I have to remember to ignore the update plugin notifications).

Why on earth would you decide all the sudden to limit the videos to just 3, without ANY warming or explaination when upgrading, when you have allowed it to display more videos prior to now???

I fuly realize that in order to provide ongoing support and developement you need to make money, as well as offer an incentive for people to upgrade to enable more features...  but doing so by REMOVING or DISABLING existing features - rather then by offering more new and improved features in the Pro version... is just plain WRONG.  Removing existing features to now require an upgrade is bordering on being just another form of "bait & switch".

This will only result in more people becoming frustrated that it doesn't work, getting upset, and uninstalling the plugin and finding another plugin to handle videos on Wordpress.

I have seen plenty of other new video plugins for wordpress lately, and tactics like this are simply going to drive more of your existing satisfied users to seek other plugins and solutions, rather then motivating them to upgrade to TubePress Pro.

I doubt that I am alone or even in the minority in feeling this way, and expect that you will be seeing many more potential upgrade customers posting here with similar feelings... as well as the many lost potential customers who simply get frustrated, think it is broke, and do not even seek answers on this forum.

I have been a big fan of TubePress... and have been planning on upgrading... but I have simply downgraded to solve the problem for now, and am now considering looking for alternative plugins.

Paul K.

#4 marknie

marknie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 11:23 AM

After manually deleting all traces of Tubepress 3.1.7 from my godaddy hosted wordpress account, I uploaded and installed the 4.1.3 Pro version.  I suddenly started getting this error -

Fatal error: Internal Zend error - Missing class information for in /home/content/22/6065922/html/wp-content/plugins/tubepress_pro_4_1_3/src/platform/scripts/boot.php on line 15

I get it all the time now.  My video page works now, but the error is still there and pops up radomly but all the time now.  Is this a bug or is they're a fix for this?

This is killing my traffic to this page and costing me a ton of lost traffic. Please help.    Thanks

#5 marknie

marknie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 11:30 AM

Also it loads the oldest video first now even though I selected the oppposte and the oldest videos are on top now at http://tahoeshooter.....com/youtubes/ ANy ideas?

#6 Berashith

Berashith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 04:55 PM

I fuly realize that in order to provide ongoing support and developement you need to make money, as well as offer an incentive for people to upgrade to enable more features...  but doing so by REMOVING or DISABLING existing features - rather then by offering more new and improved features in the Pro version... is just plain WRONG.  Removing existing features to now require an upgrade is bordering on being just another form of "bait & switch".

I have to agree with Paul. I'm happy to pay for extra functionality that appeals. But this tactic is making me look for an alternative primarily because it bodes ill for development: it erodes trust. Why pay for a plugin that may at any point have a "platinum" edition, into which some of my existing "pro" functionality has now gone? Better to just find a new plugin than to feel held hostage.

You've made a superb plugin, and I wish you well. I hope you reconsider this marketing decision.

#7 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:20 PM

Also it loads the oldest video first now even though I selected the oppposte and the oldest videos are on top now at http://tahoeshooter.....com/youtubes/ ANy ideas?

Could you double check that link? I'm getting a 404...

Also, please have a quick look at this post as it may likely provide a solution.