These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Flexible Thumbnail Rows Not Working

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Rubberpelvis

Rubberpelvis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 02:39 PM

I have the free version of TubePress installed to wordpress 4.1.1.

I believe I followed the instructions correctly, unzipped the flexible thumbnail 4.0.0 to the addons directory.

Tubepress -> options -> thumbnails does not show the addon option to enable. It seems Tubepress is not detecting the addon.

Please confirm the path is correct or whether any other action is required to get this working.

/flexible-thumbnail-rows_4.0.0/web/js/flexible-thumbnail-rows.js

If I just type this url in a browser it tries to download the JS file proving its in the location. . . but is this where TubePress is looking???

#2 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 05:17 PM

Hello,

Did you reload TubePress after installing the plugin?

You'll need to append this: &tubepress_clear_system_cache=true

to the end of your website URL and then submit.  Once you've done that, tubepress should start showing the Flexible Thumbnail Rows plugin for you.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#3 Rubberpelvis

Rubberpelvis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 06:48 AM

Thanks for the help but this did not work.

I am using the free version of tubepress 3.1.6 with wordpress 4.1.1.

I have continued to try various combinations of Flexible Thumbnail version and location installs with the following results. Firstly I should say that Tubepress did not create the tubepress-content subdir - I had to create that and the add-ons subdir manually.

Install flexible-thumbnail-rows_4.0.0 to www.mywebsite/wp-content/tubepress-content/add-ons/

Flexible thumbnail rows option does not appear in Tubepress thumbnail options. No change to thumbnail layout on website.

Install flexible-thumbnail-rows_1.0.0 to www.mywebsite/wp-content/tubepress-content/add-ons/

Flexible thumbnail rows option DOES appear in Tubepress thumbnail options. No change to thumbnail layout on website.

I also tried both add-on versions in www.mywebsite/wp-content/plugins/tubepress/tubepress-content/add-ons/

Flexible thumbnail rows option does not appear in Tubepress thumbnail options. No change to thumbnail layout on website.

For each attempt I tried enabling/disabling Tubepress in between installs/uninstalls, and using your clear cash method which just seemed to return a "page cannot be displayed" error.

Any further insight / suggestions greatly appreciated. Let me know if there is any other info I can provide to help resolve.

#4 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 12:13 PM

Rubberpelvis,

If using TubePress 3.x, you must use plugin version 1.x and install in per the directions.  If you have it installed properly and it is still not working, please provide a link to your site with everything installed so we can troubleshoot.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#5 Rubberpelvis

Rubberpelvis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 07:08 AM

Hi Brandon,

He is the link as requested with TubePress 3.1.6 and plugin version 1.0.0 installed to

www.mcraft.com.temporary-domain.com/wp-content/tubepress-content/add-ons/

I have enabled debugging in TubePress.

Flexible thumbnail rows option does appear in Tubepress thumbnail options indicating that the plugin is found on the install path.

site:

www.mcraft.com.temporary-domain.com

#6 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 09:12 PM

Rubberpelvis,

The second link shows that the plugin is loading properly.

Thanks!

#7 Rubberpelvis

Rubberpelvis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 02:57 AM

Brandon

Follow the link, select YouTube plugin from the menu. You will see that the meta data is being overwritten hence not working!

Regards,

#8 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 07:45 PM

I have asked our developer to take a look

Thanks!

#9 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 01:28 AM

Thank you for reporting this. I believe you have found a bug which was pretty easy to fix. Could you help us test? I'm going to send you a private message right now with the download link to version 1.0.1 of the add-on. Please simply remove your existing copy (version 1.0.0) and try this version instead. It should resolve the issue.

Thanks!

#10 UnaOmnia

UnaOmnia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 12:46 AM

Brandon. Please allow me to get this plugin as well. I purchased the Flexible Thumbnail Rows, and have the same 3.1.6 free TubePress version and have added the same version of the add-on - 1.0.0. I have the same issue. It is not showing. Please send me 1.0.1 as well?

#11 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 09:53 PM

Hello,

This plugin has been published in the Marketplace. If you have purchased the add-on, then you can go to the marketplace, select the 4.x version, and then when you click download, you can select 1.0.1

Thanks!