These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Youtube Returned A Non-Numeric Result Count:

Best Answer labraud, 17 March 2015 - 03:46 AM

Hi,

I confirm today that the situation is stabilized.

Thanks for the support.

We can consider the topic solved.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 labraud

labraud

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 02:59 AM

Hi,

Tubepress is installed on a multisite website and works well. But sometimes, an error occurs and TubeBress displays  the message  "YouTube returned a non-numeric result count:"

Today, it occurs on the website site : http://www.sergegira...galerie-videos/(french website)

At the same moment,it  is working on the website  http://www.sergegira.../galerie-videos(english website) where tubepress is configured as the french site.

I tried to save the settings, disable and reenable caching.... It's still displaying the error message on french website.

I activated the debugging mode. So please, could you help me to resolve this problem.

Thanks !

Anne

#2 labraud

labraud

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 04:01 AM

I installed the last free version 4.0.8. It worked on both french and english websites but displayed only 3 thumbnails.

So i nstalled the pro version 4.0.8. This version doesn't work on both webtsites and still displays the same message : "

Youtube Returned A Non-Numeric Result Count:"

I tried to change a setting in tubepress : passed from a "youtube user" to a "youtube playlist" (with the one proposed by default) and it works. I tried with my playlist, it doesn't work...

I don't know what to do more to solve this problem...

#3 labraud

labraud

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 04:07 AM

Finally, I solved the problem by modifying the "Thumbnails per page" in feed tab !

#4 labraud

labraud

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 07:05 AM

Sorry, I cried victory too soon...

The problem appeared again on the french website : http://www.sergegira...galerie-videos/

To resolve it, I needed to modify again the "Thumbnails per page" setting in feed tab.

Please, could you hep me solve this problem.

Anne

#5 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 09:59 PM

Anne,

Very strange issue indeed. I have asked our developer to look into it.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#6 labraud

labraud

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 01:04 PM

Please, have you found something about the issue, since the problem appears again now, and this time on both sites.

#7 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 05:53 PM

Hi,

Digging into your debug output, specifically by looking at the HTML source, I can see the following error from YouTube:

too_many_recent_calls

What this means is that YouTube thinks that your site is hitting its API too much, and is throttling you. Here are two workarounds:

1. Ensure that you have enabled TubePress's API cache from WP Admin > Settings > TubePress > Cache. This will dramatically cut down on the number of requests that your site makes.

2. If that still doesn't resolve the issue, you'll need to get a new YouTube developer key from here, then enter your key at WP Admin > Settings > TubePress > Feed.

Please give one or both of those a try and let us know. Thanks!

Eric

#8 labraud

labraud

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 03:53 AM

Thanks for your answer. I activated the cache on both websites and the issue is still unresolved.

I tried the link that you provided to change the API key but it doesn't work. 

I think that I managed to find the way to change the API key, but could you confirm me that I have to choose

1. a "Public API access" (other choice : OAuth)
  2. for a "server"  (other choice : browser, Android, IOs)

or if I am on the wrong way, give me the right URL to change the API key.

PS : what API key is registered for the moment in TubePress configuration ?

#9 labraud

labraud

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 02:35 PM

Finally, I used the link provided in the "Cache" tab of TubePress settings which is ok.

I generated 2 API keys, one for each of the two websites and entered them in TubePress settings.

It seems to work fine till now. I will let you know if the situation is stabilized.

#10 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 11:23 PM

Let us know if you run into any further issues. Thanks

#11 labraud

labraud

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 03:46 AM   Best Answer

Hi,

I confirm today that the situation is stabilized.

Thanks for the support.

We can consider the topic solved.