These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

User Authentication Required

wordpress

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ExodusDesign

ExodusDesign

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 03:00 AM

I have just installed WordPress TubePress and I can not see a gallery.

The page displays the following error: "YouTube determined that TubePress's request did not contain proper authentication - User authentication required."

The page is at : http://www.thevalent...com/sample-page

#2 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 02:07 AM

Hello,

Could you please turn on Tubepress Debugging?

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#3 ExodusDesign

ExodusDesign

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 02:54 AM

Okay...I checked the "Enable Debugging" box and saved the setting.

#4 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 11:22 PM

Hello

I would recommend to make TubePress's API cache more aggressive. You can adjust this from WP Admin > Settings > TubePress > Cache. Make sure that the cache is enabled, then try setting the expiration time to something like 12 hours (43200 seconds). This may very well "smooth over" the errors that you're seeing.

Let us know

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#5 ExodusDesign

ExodusDesign

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 12:05 AM

Thank you for the suggestion.

It did not do anything to help the situation.

???

#6 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 10:09 PM

Hello,

According to the YouTube API reference, this type of response is generated when

a request did not contain an Authorization header, that the format of the Authorization header was invalid, or that the authentication token supplied in the header was invalid.

This doesn't really make sense, since TubePress doesn't (currently) set an Authorization header as it's not required for the requests that we make. Why YouTube is spuriously giving us this type of error is a complete mystery.

This issue normally just clears itself up after some time.

Thanks!