These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Albums Not Showing Up

Best Answer eric, 11 December 2014 - 02:45 PM

That's odd - first I've heard of having to ask for permission to the advanced API. Thanks for reporting back!

Just yesterday we started one of our developers on a job to update TubePress to work with v3 of the Vimeo API, so hopefully when he's done there will be no confusion.

Please let us know what else we can do for you. Thanks

Go to the full post

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 John Housholder

John Housholder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 03:04 PM

On our site: http://starstruck.st...os/commercials/  (here's the shortcode:  [tubepress vimeoApiAccessToken="97b798497f7d283d956d1a8d49128e04" vimeoApiAccessTokenSecret="28c2e8f03c1f281b87c73b0e82e064b2d2e1c3ab" mode="vimeoAlbum" vimeoAlbumValue="2932187"]

It is WordPress.  

All pages (commercials, appearances, acceptance speaches) are supposed to pull different albums in Vimeo.  This page does work: http://starstruck.st...tance-speeches/ , but the rest of the albums/pages do not.

I know we have the correct album ids.  I've checked to make sure there are public videos in each of the video albums.  No luck.  The shortcode that did work on the acceptance speech page is [tubepress vimeoApiAccessToken="97b798497f7d283d956d1a8d49128e04" vimeoApiAccessTokenSecret="28c2e8f03c1f281b87c73b0e82e064b2d2e1c3ab" mode="vimeoAlbum" vimeoAlbumValue="2932178"] and we went in and just changed the album value to correspond to the correct value in vimeo and no luck

Please help.  

#2 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 10:29 PM

Hi John,

Could you please provide us a screenshot of your privacy settings for one of the videos?  This will assist us in troubleshooting the issue. You can also take a look at this page for some more information.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#3 John Housholder

John Housholder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 08:32 AM

Here's an screenshot of the individual video: http://goo.gl/SX80RY

Here's the url of the vimeo album: https://vimeo.com/album/2932187

Here's a screenshot of the vimeo album page: http://goo.gl/OtwdIR

Thanks!

#4 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 07:04 PM

Hi John,

I am not seeing anything amiss with your Security settings, so I am going to have to escalate this issue to one of our developers and ask them to take a look at what exactly is going on.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#5 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 02:33 PM

The fact that one of the pages is working correctly is promising - just means we have to track down what's different between that page and the rest.

First I would do a very careful check of the Vimeo privacy settings of both the videos themselves and the albums. With albums, you really just want to make sure that they're not password-protected (screenshot). With the videos, do a close review and comparison of the privacy settings between the working videos (acceptance speeches) and the non-working videos. With luck you'll find a mismatched setting.

Next, I would follow that with a careful review of your Vimeo All Access settings. I noticed that there's a slight difference between your working shortcode:

[tubepress vimeoApiAccessToken="97b7984......128e04" vimeoApiAccessTokenSecret="28c2e8f.......2e1c3ab" mode="vimeoAlbum" vimeoAlbumValue="2932178"] 

and the non-working shortcode:

[tubepress mode="vimeoAlbum" vimeoAlbumValue="2932187"]

Notice that in the latter case, you're not explicitly specifying the Vimeo access token and secret. This shouldn't be a problem as TubePress will fall back to the settings at WP Admin > Settings > TubePress > Feed > Vimeo All Access, but it's something to double check.

If after all of this you are still stuck, please consider (if you are able and willing) providing either Brandon or myself with a login to your staging site. That would probably help us troubleshoot the issue further.

Thanks!

#6 Mariaisabel Palacios

Mariaisabel Palacios

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 05:00 PM

Any idea what to do now that Vimeo has rolled out their new API? I bought your Vimeo All Access Add-on but there is no Vimeo API "Access Token Secret" anymore via registering a new API with Vimeo.  Any idea what I can do about this?

#7 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 07:55 PM

Any idea what to do now that Vimeo has rolled out their new API? I bought your Vimeo All Access Add-on but there is no Vimeo API "Access Token Secret" anymore via registering a new API with Vimeo.  Any idea what I can do about this?

Vimeo is supporting both their new and old API, so the Vimeo All Access Add-On for TubePress still works as usual. Please follow these instructions carefully and you will be able to obtain your access token/secret. The most confusing part, for me anyway, is that you have to click the "Oauth" tab when viewing an app.

Give that a try and let us know? Thanks!

#8 Mariaisabel Palacios

Mariaisabel Palacios

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 07:38 AM

No luck.  They have changed their API platform.  No "Oauth" tab anymore.  Only "Authentication" and they do not provide an Access Token Secret anymore.  I have contacted Vimeo directly and asked for access to their old API platform.  They have asked details about your plugin and what it is being used for.  As this point, I'm just waiting for their reply.  I will let you know what happens.  Thanks.

#9 Mariaisabel Palacios

Mariaisabel Palacios

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 12:48 PM

I received a reply from Vimeo. Once I explained what I was using it for, they granted me access to the Advanced API and now there is an "Oauth" tab to get the information your instructions indicate. 

#10 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 02:45 PM   Best Answer

That's odd - first I've heard of having to ask for permission to the advanced API. Thanks for reporting back!

Just yesterday we started one of our developers on a job to update TubePress to work with v3 of the Vimeo API, so hopefully when he's done there will be no confusion.

Please let us know what else we can do for you. Thanks