These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Elegant Themes' Divi V2 + Tubepress 4 Rc1 = Fatal Error

Best Answer eric, 30 September 2014 - 05:39 PM

I have just released TubePress 4.0.0.RC2 which includes fixes for the bugs discovered by KeithAdv. You can download this release candidate here. Will post a formal announcement shortly.

Keep the bug reports coming!

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 KeithAdv

KeithAdv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 02:17 PM

I originally thought I was having a conflict with UberMenu and TubePress v3. That may still be true. 

But I realize my bigger problem is with the latest version of Elegant Theme's DIVI theme and TubePress 4 RC1

I have a test site using Elegant Themes' Divi theme (no modifications) with only TubePress installed.

As soon as TubePress 4 is activated, the site crashes with this: 

Fatal error: func_get_args(): Can't be used as a function parameter in /(path)/wp-content/plugins/tubepress_4_0_0_RC1/tubepress.php on line 123

So...kind of stuck with v3 until we can figure this out. All help appreciated. Thank you!

#2 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:37 PM

Hi Keith,

What version of PHP and Wordpress are you using?

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#3 KeithAdv

KeithAdv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:46 PM

Tried with both WP 3.9 and 4.0 w/ same results.

It's a HostGator account. They're on PHP: 5.4.32.

Divi is the very latest, 2.1.4

#4 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 10:15 PM

Thanks for the report! I've committed a fix here. To fix your local installation, simply replace the contents of /wp-content/plugins/tubepress_4_0_0_RC1/tubepress.php with the contents found here.

Give it a try? Thanks very much for helping us test the new release!

#5 KeithAdv

KeithAdv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:27 AM

Very happy to help!  First round, not so good.

The site doesn't crash, which is a good thing. However...

Internally, all of the formatting disappears on the TubePress Options page. All settings are on one page, and the niceties like the color pickers, etc. are gone. (Debugging is turned on.)

Externally, you get this:

Fatal error: Can't inherit abstract function tubepress_lib_api_streams_StreamInterface::close() (previously declared abstract in puzzle_stream_StreamInterface) in /(path)/wp-content/plugins/tubepress_4_0_0_RC1/src/add-ons/core/classes/tubepress/lib/impl/streams/puzzle/FlexibleStream.php on line 15

See here:

http://testground.cr...t/tube4/videos/

This is a playlist that works in TubePress 3. See here:

http://testground.cr...t/divine/video/

#6 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 02:14 PM

Quick update - I've reproduced this error in my development environment and am working on a fix now. Will post back here once it's ready. Thanks again!

#7 KeithAdv

KeithAdv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 02:17 PM

Great news! I'm sure you'll make a lot of Divi owners very happy!

#8 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 05:39 PM   Best Answer

I have just released TubePress 4.0.0.RC2 which includes fixes for the bugs discovered by KeithAdv. You can download this release candidate here. Will post a formal announcement shortly.

Keep the bug reports coming!