These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Vimeo Description & Permalinking

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Scott Richardson_*

Guest_Scott Richardson_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:12 PM

I've got my videos set to "play in a new window on it's own" and on that page I want to display the description from vimeo for that video as well. This can be accomplished by enabling the "description" in the meta settings. However, I also want to hide that description in the gallery, only show the video's thumbnail. Is this possible?

Also, has there been any progress made in terms of permalinking to a specific videos page?

#2 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:33 PM

Hello Scott,

Due to the way that TubePress uses the shortcode to request and display the metadata, it will require quite a bit of customization on your end to accomplish what you are attempting.  I would recommend creating your own theme, following the directions here:  http://nextdocs.read...emes/index.html

and see where you get.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!