These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Tubepress Express Pricing - Why Hide?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Jeff_*

Guest_Jeff_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2014 - 06:39 PM

I was searching on Google for a solution to create a website with videos from YouTube and Vimeo and found your main TubePress site. I was reading through it and looking at all of the examples and became very impressed... it really looks like it would be perfect for me.

Then I read about your TubePress Express cloud based option and all the positive feelings about your company went away when I saw that you force people to register just to find out how much this service costs.

Maybe whoever designs your site simply forgot to include the pricing info, but if this was hidden on purpose it is a big turn off for a prospective customer like me. I mean, you publish the price of the stand-alone product so why not publish the subscription based price? What are you trying to hide? Is the price so high that you're afraid it will scare people away so you want to grab their email or Facebook info first so you can spam them later? That's what it looks like.

So I thought I would post here so you can explain why you hide the price from the public, or if you (hopefully) change this policy, to announce here that the price is now visible to anyone, no need to enter personal info.

#2 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:22 PM

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your candid feedback. While we certainly did not intend to hide the price of TubePress Express, I can now see that it is difficult to find the pricing. The current pricing page can be found here (which was always available to the public - no need to register)

http://community.tub...bepress-express

We are getting ready to overhaul tubepress.com, and as part of the redesign it will include clear pricing tables for all of our products. But in the meantime I'll add pricing info to the front page of express.tubepress.com. Hopefully that we address this issue in the meantime?

you want to grab their email or Facebook info first so you can spam them later? That's what it looks like.

Just for the record, we have no interest in collecting customer data for any purpose other than what's required for billing. We never divulge customer data to any thirty party, nor do we ever send unsolicited communications to our customers.

Again thanks very much for this feedback. I'll make sure that express.tubepress.com is updated in the next day or so.