These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Mobile Devices Don't Play Videos

wordpress youtube

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 rcriche

rcriche

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:12 PM

I just install the TubePress plugin for a client (it's not a Pro Version yet): http://www.i-up.biz/

Youtube chanel, default player and default theme.

Videos play ok in my pc but not working in mobile devices, tested on iPad, Samsungm Galaxy tab and LG smartphone..

any clue??

#2 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:27 AM

Hi rcriche,

I have been able to duplicate this issue on both a Samsung Tablet and smartphone.  I have passed this off to one of our senior developers.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#3 rcriche

rcriche

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:52 AM

Thank you brandon, 

waiting for a notice...

#4 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:33 AM

Hello rcriche,

We just retested your site from 3 different Android devices (and OS levels) as well as an iDevice and the videos all appear to be working properly now.

Are you still experiencing an issue? If so, what version of the Android OS are you testing from?

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#5 iwebmonster

iwebmonster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:15 PM

Hi admin,

i also have the same issue, with iOS 7 and on android 4.3, im using chrome browser

#6 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 12:26 AM

Hello iWebMonster,

Please provide us a link to your site so that we can test and assist you in fixing your site so that it works properly.

Thanks!

#7 steffany78196

steffany78196

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:30 AM

i finally got this to work right uploaded video from my phone and now i cant view or click any video. im using note 2. can you please help

www.grudgematchtv.com

#8 musenut

musenut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 04:22 PM

I am also having a problem viewing the videos at my site:

Studio66BarstowTV.com/interviews-videos/

on my iPhone a blank browser page comes up and does not show the media

it works on the iPad

thanks!

#9 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 07:29 PM

Musenut,

what iOS version and what iPhone version?

Thanks!

#10 musenut

musenut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 07:43 PM

iOS 7.1.2 on iPhone 5c

#11 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 07:57 PM

MuseNut, which player location are you using?  If you are using popup, please change to another player location.  Popup player location is a known bug: https://github.com/t...ress/issues/569

Thanks!

#12 musenut

musenut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 10:55 AM

thanks! I changed the player location from popup and that fixes it on the iPhone but still having issues on the Motorola Droid Ultra - the movie doesn't fit in the frame - any help would be appreciated. In general - what are the settings I should use to make it universally compatible with most mobile devices

thanks!

#13 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 05:41 PM

Hi Musenut,

You may want to try editing the player.tpl.php file (player being replaced with whichever player you have selected, such as youtube, vimeo, longtail, embedplus, etc) and set the size of the video to be dynamic, instead of static.

Thanks!

#14 musenut

musenut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:24 AM

Thanks Brandon - the only line of code in 

shadowbox.tpl.php is

echo ${tubepress_api_const_template_Variable::EMBEDDED_SOURCE};

what do I change to make the video size dynamic?

thanks!

#15 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:10 PM

Hi MuseNut,

Unfortunately, Shadowbox is a proprietary plugin, and I believes works off of javascript, so you'd have to dig into the javascript to find the exact setting you are looking for.

You could also ask on the shadowbox forums and I'm sure they could point you to the correct spot.

Thanks!