These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Wordpress > Error After 3.1.0 Upgrade

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ben Lovegrove

Ben Lovegrove

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:39 AM

Doesn't work for me Eric. 

I had a working copy of 3.0.0.  I removed this cleanly from the admin dashboard.  I uploaded the latest 3.1.1 release via FTP and activated the plugin. 

The pages have already got the shortcodes in from the previous version so a new version should display videos as soon as it's active.

I don't get the error mentioned above.  What happens is that the plugin says it's active in the admin area but there's no menu item for it in the Settings menu and the pages don't display any videos, just the shortcode text.

I have tried deactivating all other plugins, deactivating Tubepress and reactiving it so it's the only active plugin but there's no change.

It's the latest copy of WP using the latest copy of a Studiopress Genesis theme.

#2 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:08 PM

Which version of PHP are you running? This TubePress 3.1.x and higher requires PHP 5.2. Your hosting provider should be able to assist you in determining the version in use.

Let us know - thanks!

#3 Ben Lovegrove

Ben Lovegrove

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:50 AM

Which version of PHP are you running? This TubePress 3.1.x and higher requires PHP 5.2. Your hosting provider should be able to assist you in determining the version in use.

Let us know - thanks!

It's PHP v 5.3.20

I created a file to get the info.  Anything else I should check while it's open?

#4 Ben Lovegrove

Ben Lovegrove

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 01:09 PM

Bump.

It's now 5 days later and no response.  I see someone else has opened a thread saying that 3.1.1 doesn't work so they've reverted to 3.0.0

Is Eric on holiday?

#5 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:16 PM

Hi Ben,

Sorry for the delay in responding.  Your PHP version should be compatible with TubePress and working properly.  Have you tried completely removing Tubepress (deleting from your Wordpress install) and then re-uploading it?  Don't worry about losing your TubePress settings as they are saved in the WordPress Db so they won't be removed with Tubepress.

Let us know.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!