These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Video Gallery in the Home Page

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jess Tura

Jess Tura

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 06:59 AM

hi,

Here's what i want to accomplish: I want a Video Gallery (Youtube, Vimeo, etc) right in the Home page of my site (powered by wordpress). Something that looks like the page on our own Youtube channels. There's the bigger box-player-screen, and the rest are thumbnails beside or below it.

I can do this with the [tubepress] shortcode but it is usually done in the Post/Page. I noticed that the php function call to do this is available only for the Tubepress Pro, am i right? Is it possible to accomplish what i want even on the free version?

If i buy the Tubepress Pro version and after lapsing of a year, do i need to buy again to use the Pro version?

Thanks for the immediate reply.

-jess

#2 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 07:04 PM

Hello Jess,

Sounds like you've got a good understanding of the difference between the free version of TubePress and TubePress Pro; the ability to invoke TubePress from plain old PHP or a WordPress template (which is really just plain PHP) is reserved for TubePress Pro. However, if your home page is just another WordPress page, then you could probably get away with just the free version as you may just need a [tubepress] shortcode invocation. The rest of the features in Pro are outlined, clearly I hope, here: http://tubepress.com/features/

As you can see on the features page, a TubePress Pro purchase will get you one year of upgrades and priority support in this forum. If you decide to cancel your "subscription" (in PayPal terms) before the year is up, you can continue to use whatever copies of TubePress Pro you have. You just won't be able to get updates and will receive lower priority support. Hope this makes sense - definitely want to be up front about the costs.

Let me know how else I can help you, and thanks for your interest!