These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Thumbnail feature and video sources

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Shelly K.

Shelly K.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 03:36 PM

First of all thank you. This really is a beautiful plugin. I'm still working with the free version using it as a sidebar widget and on a post page - learning about shortcodes.

So, can I have just thumbnails scrolling horizontally across the top of each page - like a carousel or a slider in the header. Then clicking on a thumbnail links to the post itself.

Also, does it have to reference only videos on 3rd party locations, can it use uploaded videos from my site, or embed codes already on my site? I don't have my own channel on YouTube, or a playlist or other lists to work with that are my own on Youtube. I have now learned to use the shortcode to search by tags. But, can I have TubePress use embed codes or uploaded videos of my own - what is the shortcode for this please?

Thanks again.
Shelly

#2 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 06:38 PM

Hi Shelly,

can I have just thumbnails scrolling horizontally across the top of each page - like a carousel or a slider in the header. Then clicking on a thumbnail links to the post itself.

This is possible via TubePress "themes" (http://tubepress.com...us...via_themes). So in other words, it's not available out-of-the-box from TubePress, but TubePress is customizable enough that you can accomplish this quickly with some HTML/CSS tweaks.

does it have to reference only videos on 3rd party locations, can it use uploaded videos from my site, or embed codes alread
y on my site?

This is not implemented right now but is in the works. See the ticket at http://code.google.c...s/detail?id=128. Please star the issue to vote for it and follow updates. Features with the most votes will be implemented first.

Hope this answers your questions thus far? I see you have another post that I'll tackle now...