These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Thumbnails appearing with black border [SOLVED]

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Sam Elliot

Sam Elliot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:38 PM

http://criticalwave.co.uk/in-the-tub/

Frustrating that I can't seem to find a way to take the letterboxing off the thumbnails. Any way that I can fix this?

Cheers

#2 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:03 AM

Hi,

The issue is that the thumbnails themselves have a black border. Notice that if you view one of the thumbs directly from YouTube, you'll see the black bars: http://i.ytimg.com/v...M/hqdefault.jpg.

Since all the thumbs appear to have the exact same bars on top and bottom, you could probably come up with some custom CSS that would hide the bars completely. For instance, here's a screenshot of the following CSS modifications:

.tubepress_thumb {
    height: 107px;
    margin-bottom: 30px;
}
.tubepress_thumb img {
    margin-top: -30px;
}
Does that make sense?

#3 Sam Elliot

Sam Elliot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:22 AM

Hey,

Sorry, I'm really such an amateur with this stuff, where would the code need to go? It's a wordpress blog but I'm sure you already know that

Thanks!

#4 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:08 PM

No problem. I would recommend adding the CSS from my post to the bottom of your WordPress theme's style.css (wp-content/themes/critical/style.css). You can either use WordPress's theme editor or any text editor to do this. Keeping the CSS there will protect it from being wiped out when you upgrade TubePress.

Let me know if you'd like any assistance at any step along the way. Thanks!

#5 Sam Elliot

Sam Elliot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:35 PM

Unfortunately inputing the code there doesn't seem to do anything. Playing around with the numbers can bring the thumbnails closer together/further apart, but no change to the images themselves.

#6 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:07 AM

Since your theme's CSS is being loaded before TubePress, try adding "! important" to each of the rules:

.tubepress_thumb {
    height: 107px !important;
    margin-bottom: 30px !important;
}
.tubepress_thumb img {
    margin-top: -30px !important;
}
That should make your changes take affect. Let us know? Thanks!

#7 Sam Elliot

Sam Elliot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:54 PM

Had to play around with the coding for a while, but managed to find something that worked. Thanks for your help Eric!

#8 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:36 PM

Nice! Glad you found something that worked. Let us know if you run into any other issues and we'll be glad to assist.